TOPS provides programs and events year round for Sylvania Residents of all ages!
Programs are FREE for residents and members of The Olander Park System unless a special material/instructor fee is noted, and $5 for non-residents.
- Advance registration required online here, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 419-882-8313 ext. 1004. Registration will open one month prior to a program’s scheduled date.
- 24-hour cancellation required. If you or a family member is registered for a program and do not attend without prior notification for two consecutive classes, TOPS reserves the right to remove you or your family member from the roster of future programs.
- To make each program as successful as possible for all participants, please notify the park system prior to registration regarding special needs or accommodations.
- TOPS reserves the right to cancel programs with less than five registrants.
What’s Up at TOPS?
View the current event & program schedule organized by age group in The Pathfinder!
For the event calendar visit HERE
You can also sign up for our Monthly E-Newsletter to get the latest updates on TOPS events.
Find the program for you and register ONLINE today!
We want to hear feedback from you so we can provide the highest quality programming experience for Sylvania School District residents and the surrounding communities.
Current & Upcoming Programs
- This Month's Programs
- Next Month's Programs
- Sunset Serenades Concert Series
- I Love Olander Day
- Olander 250 Walking Challenge
Check out all of the amazing programs we have to offer this month!
- Wonders of Yoga: Build strength and confidence. This class is based on physical postures, deep breathing, mindfulness and listening to the body. Suitable for all ages. Beginner Level. Thursdays, August 8 & 23, 11am • Olander Park, Gorman Nature Education Center
- Star Party: Join the Toledo Area Astronomers for an evening of star watching. TAA members set up their telescopes so you can look at the stars, moon and other astronomical objects. You may bring your own scope. Cancelled if cloudy or raining. Friday, August 24, 9pm • Sylvan Prairie Park, South Lot
- Kites & Gliders: Explore the wonders of wind power with this make-n-take session. Learn about the Beaufort wind scale, and fly your own colorful creations.
- Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga (SUPYOGA): Ready to mix up your yoga practice? Need a little challenge or adventure this summer? Try one of our all-new 75-minute Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga classes taught by certified instructor Sally Lyons. Let the board become your mat, and Olander Lake become your studio. All equipment included! All levels welcome. No experience necessary. Ages 10 & up. Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Cost: $30 per class. Thursday, August 9, 5:30 to 6:45pm, 7 to 8:15pm ~ Wednesdays, August 15 & 29, 5:30 to 6:45pm, 7 to 8:15pm • Olander Park, Boat Ramp
PreK to K Programs
- Amazing Arachnids!: Spiders are soooo cool! Join ECO Discovery! to discover more. Hear a spider story and share a snack. Look for spiders and webs. Make a Spider Bopper game to take home. Tuesday, August 7, 10am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
- Fun Snacks for Kids: Let’s play with our food! Join ECO Discovery! and make fun and delicious snacks. Eat them right away! While we munch, we”ll talk about animals’ snacks. Take all the recipes home! Tuesday, August 14, 10am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
- Rainbow Fish!: Fish come in a rainbow of colors! Join ECO Discovery! to learn more about the fish in the Lake. We’ll have a fishy snack and make a colorful fish print to take home! Tuesday, August 21, 10am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
K to 5th Grade Programs
- Edible Insects: Investigate how modern cultures around the world utilize insects as food, what insects you regularly consume, and sample a tasty treat if you dare! Thursday, August 9, 2pm • Olander Park, Gorman Nature Education Center
- Fun with Snacks: Let’s play with our food! Join ECO Discovery! and make fun and delicious snacks. Eat them right away! While we munch, we”ll talk about animals’ snacks. Take all the recipes home! Tuesday, August 14, 11am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
Adults 16 & Up Programs
- Come Dance with Me: Come dance with Mary LEugers. This class is designed for people with some dance experience. Join us! It is fun and great exercise. Pre-registration not required. Cost: $5 each class paid to instructor. Wednesdays, August 1, 15, & 29, 6:30 to 8pm • Olander Park, Nederhouser Community Hall
- Pilates in the Park: Come learn the benefits and concepts of Pilates next to beautiful Olander Lake with certified instructor Cindy Carnicom. This mat class will incorporate strength, flexibility, concentration, balance, control, precision, alignment, flow. Integration of breath, mindfulness, alignment, and movement. Come explore your unique and healthier body and learn the principles to unify the mind and body. Bring your own mat. Cost: $12 per class. Wednesday, August 1 , 5:30pm, and Tuesday, August 7, 21, 6:30pm • Olander Park, Nederhouser Community Hall
- Fermented Foods & Dry Canning: Discover the art of making your own sauerkraut, kimchi, and other fermented foods. Learn ways of preserving dry goods without a vacuum sealer. No Fee. Pre-registration required. Thursday, August 9, 6:30pm • Olander Park, Gorman Nature Education Center
- June 13: Dylan & Shawn
- June 27: Toledo Symphony musicians Damon Coleman & Cheryl Trace
- July 11: Mikes with Mics
- July 25: Jeff McDonald’s Swingmania!
- August 8: Extra Stout
- August 22: Toledo Polish American Concert Band
Summer Concerts are BACK and better than ever! The 20th season of this popular concert series happens on the Nederhouser Community Hall deck every other Wednesday from June 13 through August 22.
NEW to this year’s concert series is 30 minutes of improv and games from UNFILTERED – TOLEDO’S PREMIER IMPROV TROUPE! They will be live on stage at 6:15 pm before every concert! #Unfiltered – Toledo’s Premier Improv Troupe
Another NEW addition to the concerts this year is KORAL HAMBURG FOOD TRUCK. They will be serving their delicious hamburgers, fries, and more at every concert from 6 to 9 pm. #Koral Hamburg Food Truck
Concerts will start at 7 pm. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and grab the perfect spot to enjoy some yummy food and great entertainment. Sunset Serenades are FREE for Sylvania School District residents; $3 per car admission for non-residents.
If the weather turns bad, concerts are moved inside the Hall.
The 2nd Annual I Love Olander Day has been scheduled for Sunday, September 30 from 12 – 4 p.m. You won’t want to miss it! It will be extra special this year because we will be celebrating Olander Park’s 60th Birthday!
Click here for more information on how to be a part of this great day!
The Olander 250 Walking Program is from May 1 to October 31. Participants who successfully walk or run 250 or more miles in the six-month time frame will receive an award to recognize your accomplishment.
Click here to print a copy of the walking log.
All logs due by November 7th. Pick up your form today at the Callahan Administrative Office or Nederhouser Community Hall info box.