The 2nd Annual “I Love Olander Day” celebrates the 60th birthday of The Olander Park System with a fun family event on Sunday, September 30 from 12 – 4 p.m.
Rain or shine!
This event features activities for the ENTIRE family!
Visitors will have the opportunity to enjoy:
Live music and entertainment
Children’s activities featuring sidewalk chalk art, make-and-take crafts, and a variety of games
Art Market featuring local artists
STEM demonstration inside of Nederhouser Community Hall
Volleyball tournament with prizes for winners in each division
Birthday Cake Walk for all those sharing a 60th birthday in 2018.
Free admission to the park and event.
Free parking will be available in the Tam-O-Shanter and Senior Center lots adjacent to Olander Park, or at Boulevard Church.
“I Love Olander Day” is presented by TOPS and organized by community volunteers.
- Event Schedule
- Featured Entertainment & Vendors
- Art Market
- Farmer's Market
- Volleyball Tournament
- Thank You to Our Sponsors
- Volunteer Opportunities
Booth # • Booth Name • Artist(s) • Media
1 • Henna on Hands • Uzma Kashi • Printmaking
2 • Finished Bottles by Ada • Ada Farley • Mixed Media
3 • Snip-It Metal Arts • Brett Lounsbrough • Metal
4 • Twinkling Trinkets by Laurie Francisco • Laurie Francisco
5 • Neelopal • Sumana Sharmin • Jewelry/Photography
6 • Bob’s Wood Toy’z • Bob & Corrine Czyzewski • Wood
7 • AbbsCraftArt • Abigail Bruce • Painting/Drawing/Jewelry
8 • Rebekah Webster & Kerry Kirkpatrick • Painting/Drawing/Mixed Media
9 • Nail Expressions by Abby Schwartz • Abby Schwartz • Other
10 • Local Art Photo Coasters • Michele Ross • Photography
11 • Yardbirds • Dan & Doris Kalka • Sculpture
12 • J.A.Y.’S. GALLERY • Jennifer Sheriff • Painting/Drawing
13 • Wood Turned Treasures and More • Mary Stahl & Richard McCoy • Wood/Acrylic
14 • TLB Birdhouses • Tracy Bergendahl • Wood
15 • Little Luxuries • Pamela Rohrbacher • Textiles
16 • I Am Faulkner • Lawrence Faulkner • Painting/Wood/Mixed Media
17 • The 7th Room • Farah Sammouri • Jewelry/Printmaking/Mixed Media
18 • DeSign Wear • Karen Posner • Textiles
19 • Crafty Cute by Renee • Renee Kaman • Mixed Media
20 • Complementary Books • Melanie Wrobel • Mixed Media
21 • Butternut Farm • Jean McDonald and Jean Cline ***They will also be hosting a fun, free kids soap carving activity!
Located at Open Air Shelter #2
(West Side near Vicksburg Dr. and Tam-O-Shanter Parking Lot)
Big THANKS to our I LOVE OLANDER DAY Sponsors!
Gold Sponsors • $300+ Children’s Entertainment
- Sylvania Area Community Improvement Corporation
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy
Silver Sponsors • $100+ Children’s Crafts
- Heartland at ProMedica
- Kingston Healthcare Company
- Friends of I Love Olander
- Dave Spiess, The Health Insurance Guy
- Hanson, Inc
- Toledo Area Parent
- Sylvania Child Care
Bronze Sponsors • $25+ Children’s Activities
- Costco Wholesale
Are you, your family, school, scout pack, cheerleading squad, sports team, civic organization, community group or company interested in volunteering at I LOVE OLANDER DAY?
Click here to sign up for the activity you want to help with!
- Set-Up: Help set-up the event on Sunday • 9 to 11am
- Face Painting: 12 to 2pm or 2 to 4pm
- Farmer’s Market: Help take purchases to cars • 12 to 2pm or 2 to 4pm
- Greeters: Help Greet our Wonderful Guests! • 12 to 2pm or 2 to 4pm
- Kids’ Area: Help with assorted children’s activities – Must have 1 adult supervisor per group • 12 to 2pm or 2 to 4pm
- Row Boats: Help launch rowboats (must by 15 yrs old) • 12 to 2pm or 2 to 4pm
- Volunteer Check-in: Help check in two shifts of volunteers • 11:00am to 2:30pm
- Tear Down: Help tear down the event • 4 to 6pm
- and MORE!
Have a question? Contact Danielle Marino, Program Coordinator, by phone at 419-882-8313, ext. 1004, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BIG THANKS to all the volunteers that have committed to making this year’s event a huge success.
Special thanks to the following businesses and groups volunteering this year:
• McCord Road Christian Church
• Sylvania Franciscan Village
• Expressive Therapy Center
• Sylvania Ace Hardware
• Homes for Heros
• Hanson, Inc.
• Progressive Individual Care
• Kingston Health Care Company
• Girls on the Run NWO
• SJJ Titans “Men for Others”
• Lourde’s Art Department