TOPS provides programs and events year round for Sylvania Residents of all ages!
Programs are FREE for residents and members of The Olander Park System unless a special material/instructor fee is noted, and $5 for non-residents.
- Advance registration required online here, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 419-882-8313 ext. 1004. Registration will open one month prior to a program’s scheduled date.
- 24-hour cancellation required. If you or a family member is registered for a program and do not attend without prior notification for two consecutive classes, TOPS reserves the right to remove you or your family member from the roster of future programs.
- To make each program as successful as possible for all participants, please notify the park system prior to registration regarding special needs or accommodations.
- TOPS reserves the right to cancel programs with less than five registrants.
What’s Up at TOPS?
View the current event & program schedule organized by age group in The Pathfinder!
For the event calendar visit HERE
You can also sign up for our Monthly E-Newsletter to get the latest updates on TOPS events.
Find the program for you and register ONLINE today!
Current & Upcoming Programs
Check out all of the amazing programs we have to offer this month!
- Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga (SUPYOGA): Ready to mix up your yoga practice? Need a little challenge or adventure this summer? Try one of our all-new 75-minute Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga classes taught by certified instructor Sally Lyons. Let the board become your mat, and Olander Lake become your studio. All equipment included! All levels welcome. No experience necessary. Ages 10 & up. Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Cost: $30 per class. Tuesdays, July 10, July 24, 5:30 to 6:45pm, 7 to 8:15pm ~ Saturday, July 14, 9 to 10:15am, 10:30 to 11:45am • Olander Park, Boat Ramp
PreK to K Programs
- Plant a Seed: It’s not too late to plant! Join Eco Discovery! for a seed story. Look for seeds of all kinds. Take home a portable greenhouse complete with planted seeds. Enjoy a snack that was grown. Tuesday, July 10, 10am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
- Fireflies!: Fireflies are magical! Join ECO Discovery! and learn more about these magical insects. Hear a story and share a snack. Make a firefly painting and take home a glowing bracelet! Tuesday, July 17, 10am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
- Sun Power!: The Sun powers lots of things. Join ECO Discovery! and find out more. We will share a story and a sun-powered snack. Then we’ll use sun products to make a sun print to take home. Tuesday, July 24, 10am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
- Duck, Duck, Goose!: Ducks and Geese love Lake Olander. Join ECO Discovery! and learn more about these birds. Hear a story and then look at a duck’s wing. We will share a snack and observe the local ducks and geese. Tuesday, July 31, 10am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
K to 5th Grade Programs
- Intro to Fishing: This free class is designed as an introduction to the sport of fishing for boys and girls. You will learn about native fish, rules and etiquette, safety, how to cast, and how to fish with a hook and bobber. You will also fish for bluegill at Lake Olander, time and weather permitting. No experience necessary. All children in the class require a parent or guardian present to help. Kids must bring their own rods. Worms provided. Class is limited to 15 children, ages 5-11. Thursday, July 5 & Monday, July 9, 6:30pm • Olander Park, Nederhouser Community Hall
- Secret Life of Fireflies!: Fireflies are magical! Join ECO Discovery! and learn more about these magical insects. Hear a story and share a snack. Make a firefly painting and take home a glowing bracelet! Tuesday, July 17, 11am • Olander Park, Open Air Shelter #2
6th to 12th Grade Programs
- BSA Fishing Merit Badge: Hey Scouts! Here is an opportunity to start and complete the BSA Fishing Merit badge!. All scouts attending must have a blue merit badge card pre-filled in with their name, address, troop #, scouting district, and have their Scoutmaster (or ASM) signature in order to participate. Scouts must also bring their own fishing rods in good, working condition. Class is limited to 15 Boy Scouts. No scout uniforms are required. Class duration: 3 to 4 hours. Cost is $5.00 per Scout. Thursday, July 12, 5pm • Olander Park, Nederhouser Community Hall
Adults 16 & Up Programs
- Garden Tea Blends: Herbal tea is the simplest and most ancient form of medicine. There are infinite variations in how it can be mixed, brewed and used. In this class, we’ll discuss herbs that can be grown in the garden (or easily gathered) and how to prepare them as tasty beverages, medicinal drinks, topical treatments, and much more. Proper growing, harvesting, drying, and blending will also be covered. Bring your sense of adventure! Cost: $12. Tuesday, July 17, 6:30pm • Olander Park, Gorman Nature Education Center
- Pilates in the Park: Come learn the benefits and concepts of Pilates next to beautiful Olander Lake with certified instructor Cindy Carnicom. This mat class will incorporate strength, flexibility, concentration, balance, control, precision, alignment, flow. Integration of breath, mindfulness, alignment, and movement. Come explore your unique and healthier body and learn the principles to unify the mind and body. Bring your own mat. Cost: $12 per class. Wednesday, July 18, 5:30pm • Olander Park, Nederhouser Community Hall
- Make & Take Worm Composting Bins: Learn the basics of vermicomposting – breaking food waste down using the fast and easy power of worms – and make your own worm composting bin to take home. Cost: $15. Tuesday, July 24, 6:30pm • Olander Park, Gorman Nature Education Center
- June 13: Dylan & Shawn
- June 27: Toledo Symphony musicians Damon Coleman & Cheryl Trace
- July 11: Mikes with Mics
- July 25: Jeff McDonald’s Swingmania!
- August 8: Extra Stout
- August 22: Toledo Polish American Concert Band
Summer Concerts are BACK and better than ever! The 20th season of this popular concert series happens on the Nederhouser Community Hall deck every other Wednesday from June 13 through August 22.
NEW to this year’s concert series is 30 minutes of improv and games from UNFILTERED – TOLEDO’S PREMIER IMPROV TROUPE! They will be live on stage at 6:15 pm before every concert! #Unfiltered – Toledo’s Premier Improv Troupe
Another NEW addition to the concerts this year is KORAL HAMBURG FOOD TRUCK. They will be serving their delicious hamburgers, fries, and more at every concert from 6 to 9 pm. #Koral Hamburg Food Truck
Concerts will start at 7 pm. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and grab the perfect spot to enjoy some yummy food and great entertainment. Sunset Serenades are FREE for Sylvania School District residents; $3 per car admission for non-residents.
If the weather turns bad, concerts are moved inside the Hall.
The 2nd Annual I Love Olander Day has been scheduled for Sunday, September 30 from 12 – 4 p.m. You won’t want to miss it! It will be extra special this year because we will be celebrating Olander Park’s 60th Birthday!
Click here for more information on how to be a part of this great day!
The Olander 250 Walking Program is from May 1 to October 31. Participants who successfully walk or run 250 or more miles in the six-month time frame will receive an award to recognize your accomplishment.
Click here to print a copy of the walking log.
All logs due by November 7th. Pick up your form today at the Callahan Administrative Office or Nederhouser Community Hall info box.