Welcome to Olander Park
Whether you prefer activities on land or in the water, 60-acre Olander Park in Sylvania is a recreational oasis that’s sure to please.
At the center of it all is a spring-fed, 28-acre lake that’s perfect for fishing and boating.
For land lovers, there’s a 1.1 mile paved, ADA-accessible loop surrounding the lake that’s ideal for walking, jogging, rollerblading and bicycling. Blow off steam at one of the park’s three playgrounds or gather friends for a game on one of four sand volleyball courts.
Olander Park also features three facilities that are available to rent for wedding receptions, meetings, family reunions and more.
TOPS Update on COVID-19 Response:
All TOPS Parks are OPEN. To protect the community and our staff, TOPS has taken the following measures:
Park Access Changes: As of Saturday, May 23, parking in all lots will be open. The holiday weekend will kick off the start of the summer season. Thus, the non-resident parking fee at Olander Park will begin. Parking over the holiday weekend for non-residents will be $3 per car.
TOPS is currently evaluating and formulating a plan on opening amenities (swim beach, bait and boat shop, fossil digging pit) at TOPS parks for the summer. Announcements will be forthcoming over the next few weeks. Until then, the following closures will remain in effect until further notice:
• Playgrounds are CLOSED until further notice.
• Restrooms are for Emergency Use Only –please “go before you go”.
• Trash cans have been reduced–please carry your trash out.
• In-person programs are CANCELLED through May 31. Virtual programs are available online at www.olanderpark.com/virtualprograms.
• Rentals are CANCELLED through at least May 31.
• Beginning May 15, the Administrative Office will be staffed at minimum levels Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, but will be open to the public by appointment only.
Fossil Park Digging Pit: The digging quarry remains closed. TOPS staff is currently putting together a plan to open in mid-June. Stay tuned for more details.
Lake Olander is now open for personal watercraft. No gas motors are allowed. Use at your own risk, as the water temperature of the lake is still very cold.
We want you to enjoy our parks but please be considerate of each other and practice social distancing. Over-crowding may result in the closure of some facilities.
For more information, please see our statements here: TOPS Updates to the COVID-19 Response