TOPS Facilities Cancellations, Delays & Closings
TOPS Update on COVID-19 Response:
All TOPS Parks are OPEN. To protect the community and our staff, TOPS has taken the following measures:
Park Access Changes: As of Saturday, May 23, parking in all lots will be open. The holiday weekend will kick off the start of the summer season. Thus, the non-resident parking fee at Olander Park will begin. Parking over the holiday weekend for non-residents will be $3 per car.
TOPS is currently evaluating and formulating a plan on opening amenities (swim beach, bait and boat shop, fossil digging pit) at TOPS parks for the summer. Announcements will be forthcoming over the next few weeks. Until then, the following closures will remain in effect until further notice:
• Playgrounds are CLOSED until further notice.
• Restrooms are for Emergency Use Only –please “go before you go”.
• Trash cans have been reduced–please carry your trash out.
• In-person programs are CANCELLED through May 31. Virtual programs are available online at www.olanderpark.com/virtualprograms.
• Rentals are CANCELLED through at least May 31.
• Beginning May 15, the Administrative Office will be staffed at minimum levels Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, but will be open to the public by appointment only.
Fossil Park Digging Pit: The digging quarry remains closed. TOPS staff is currently putting together a plan to open in mid-June. Stay tuned for more details.
Lake Olander is now open for personal watercraft. No gas motors are allowed. Use at your own risk, as the water temperature of the lake is still very cold.
We want you to enjoy our parks but please be considerate of each other and practice social distancing. Over-crowding may result in the closure of some facilities.
For more information, please see our statements here: TOPS Updates to the COVID-19 Response
Olander Park Status:
Park Hours: May 22 to July 31: 7am to 10pm (Hours vary depending on the season.)
Lake Olander Boat Access: Lake Olander is now open for personal watercraft. No gas motors are allowed. Use at your own risk, as the water temperature of the lake is still very cold.
Bait and Boat Rentals: Delayed for the Season. Scheduled to open mid-June. Stay tuned for details.
Olander Swim Beach: Delayed. Scheduled to open mid-June. Stay tuned for details.
Fossil Park Status:
Park Hours: 8am to 90 minutes before sunset
Fossil Pit: Currently Closed. The digging quarry opening has a tentative opening date of mid-June. Stay tuned for details.
Sylvan Prairie Park Status:
Park Hours: 8am to Dark, Front Gate closes 60 minutes before sunset