The Olander Park System
The Olander Park System provides Sylvania Township and the surrounding community with five parks and numerous public events and activities.
Strategic Planning Survey
Help TOPS plan for the future of your parks! Participate in this 4 question survey to let us know what we do well and what you would like us to accomplish in the next decade! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FSWYQXK
The Olander Park System (also known as TOPS) manages the following five parks. Click on a park’s name for its location, hours, activities and more.
1. Olander Park is best known for 28-acre Olander Lake where you can fish, rent paddle or row boats, swim at our supervised natural sand beach, and rent picnic shelters or our community hall.
3. Sylvan Prairie Park is a 150-acre natural area encircled by the Quarry Ridge Bike Trail.
2. Fossil Park allows kids of all ages to dig for the fossils of ancient ocean creatures in 375 million year old Devonian Era shale deposits.
4. Whetstone Park is a 3-acre neighborhood park with an ADA accessible playground.
5. Southview Oak Savanna is a 7-acre remnant of the rare Oak Openings Savanna plant community located along the University Parks Bike Trail.
FOSSIL PARK WILL BE CLOSED FROM THURSDAY, JULY 2, THROUGH SUNDAY, JULY 5
Fossil Park is the launching site for the Sylvania Area Fireworks Display on July 3rd at Centennial Quarry & Terrace. Fossil Park will be closed in its entirety, including the fossil pit, the parking lot, the restrooms and the trails.
The Quarry Ridge Bike Trail from Centennial Quarry & Terrace down to Brint Road will be CLOSED on these dates.
These closures are for your safety. Please respect the closures, including the closed section of the Quarry Ridge Bike Trail.
TOPS' major annual events include the Maple Sugaring Fest, Easter Egg Hunt, Kids Trout Derby, “Sunset Serenades” Concert Series, Super Kids & Sylvania Triathlons, Halloween Hike and numerous family and community programs and events that promote the area’s natural habitats and meet the physical activity needs of our constituents.
Check out the Program Calendar below or go to our Upcoming Events page
to learn more about the events that will be happening soon.
Maple Fest, March 21,2015, 1-4pm, Olander Park
Easter Egg Hunt, April 4, 2015, sessions as 9am, 10am, 11am and noon, Olander Park, Registration required at 419.882.8313 ext. 1004
Trout Derby, April 25, 2015, 8am Registration, 9am to 1pm Fishing, Olander Park
Sunset Serenades, Alternating Wednesdays starting June10 through August 19, 2015, 7pm, Olander Park
Lucky Duck Open Water Swim, July 18, 2015, 7am, Olander Park
SuperKids Triathalon, August 8, 2015
Sylvania Triathalon, August 9, 2015
Halloween Hike, October 24, 2015, 6pm, Olander Park
Honor Someone Special by Donating a Bench or Tree
Purchase a bench or a tree as a memorial or as a gift in honor of a loved one's special achievement.
See our Donations page
for more information.